UB4H presents: Guest army - Hermes' Blood Angels

GG here with another Friends of the blog army focus.  This week HermesOlympian1 shows off his new Blood Angels army.  I've know Hermes for a few years are the potency of his armies is only surpassed by the ridiculous time he takes to paint them!  A true ambassador of the hobby, here he is..



Hi my name is Hermes,  over the past 4 years I've collected and played with  Imperial Fists and Sons of Horus but recently I've turned my attention to the sons of Baal, the Blood Angels.




I started collecting the IX Legion at the end of last year, choosing to build a Day of Revelations army centred around jump pack marines dropping down on fiery wings to deliver the Emperors benediction to his foes.

My I original plan was for this army to be a detachment to compliment my Imperial Fists, the speed and ferocity of the angelic hosts being a natural accompaniment to the stoic and defensive Praetorians and with Day of Revelation deploying via first turn alpha strike and providing the initiative advantage in the inevitable melee does this perfectly.



With Malevolence coming out in March(ish) it was the perfect opportunity to quickly expand with some brand new units. I used two events as motivation in order to get to some painting milestones. The first was a 1k Zone Mortalis event hosted by 30kFrontier in Feb, the 2nd being a 2250pts event hosted by Tabletop Banter in May.



The next steps will be to add more bulk to the force and more scoring units, also some more firepower in the form of a Leviathan Dreadnought. Further down the line I hope to build up the courage to paint The Angel himself and convert some heresy flavoured Sanguinary Guard to accompany him.






GG:  Some great looking miniatures from Hermes there.  Stay tuned to the blog for more army focus from the UB4H crew and some VERY exciting progress from King Fluff regarding Imperials Armada....




Comments