Unity B4 Heresy Blog Round-up


Evening Everyone!  It's Sunday and the Weekly Round-up is upon us.  Pretty busy week all round for us here.  Col. Hertford has been beavering away on several projects, I myself have been doing the same with a continued re-visit to my Imperial Fists giving them some love and King Fluff getting his future Hulk-Smash on......I mean Ork-SMASH on 😂 after recovering from his monumental weekend of eventing.

If you have potentially been living under a rock when it comes to the Horus Heresy you may have missed the exceptional release of the Ltd Edition The Solar War book by John French.  The latest in the Horus Heresy series and will feature as the beginning of the 8 book story arc telling of the Siege of Terra.  I was very lucky as was King Fluff to secure a copy and we will bring you a review of the book *NO SPOILERS* when we have it in hand.  Exciting times.  Here is a few shots from the BL site.
Onto the Hobby!

I decided this week to move onto the other half of my 10 man missile launcher squad this time the under-slung variants.  I absolutely love these and as I said before this squad has two variants of launchers so I can split them down into more obvious squads for gaming.  Base coats for the marines and launchers with a quick test to see how the basic scheme would look.  Overall I'm pretty happy.


I followed that by looking at some miniatures I had put together as an early veteran squad.  As you can see they're still on their original bases so those will get switched out and they need bolters too.  Luckily I have the older FW variants when all marines came with hands.  The three on the right are additions I made today including a Vet. Sgt in Artificer armour....and a power axe.


And finally as you can see in the background of the previous picture one of my four Contemptor Dreads.   This one is the relic version with some additional Imperial Fist iconography on the legs.  I'll go into more details when I get him finished but I really like the way he looks so far.  Then I can deploy him using my new drop pod!  Another excuse to get those built and back on the drop pod project.


This week Col.Hertford hasn’t had much spare time.  What time he has had, has been spent mainly  building his 28mm Titans.  And aren't they awesome!!


These are required to walk for the Warmaster at the end of June.  Hopefully the weather will improve and he can start painting this magnificent God Engines.

King Fluff has been on hobby cool down following the successful completion of the Cataclysm of Iron I event held last weekend.  It saw 26 players take to the Belt of Iron to battle it out in the Age of Darkness.  If you’re interested in coming along then tickets are available for the next two events being run this year within the same narrative.



Tickets can be found here: Cataclysm of Iron II, Cataclysm of Iron III.



Hobby cool down never means zero hobby for King Fluff though and as such he’s been working on his 8th legion by building three legion drop pods for his Terror Squads, and he’s also been putting together some Techno-Orks to play test his Heresy-era Ork rule set (stay tuned for more on that).



So while it's been fairly busy for us all we've managed to get some hobby done.  Thanks again for taking the time to read the Blog guys feel free to ask questions or comment below. 😁

Only In Death Does Duty End

- Col. Hertford, King Fluff, Tylar Fasolt

Comments