Unity B4 Heresy Blog Round-up

The Christmas week round up from UB4H. This week as you can imagine we've had a fair bit on our plate (turkey jokes aside) and as such progress has been a little slower than normal but let's kick off this, our last round up from 2018.



The Christmas break is always an odd one in the Fluff household - always stuff to do but limited motivation to do - well anything. I’m sure most hobbyists suffers the same malaise at this time of year. Having motivation to push through it (and 0 hobby goodies for Christmas to distract me) I decided to press on with my Adeptus Titanicus Maniple for the blog’s Xmas bash (more on that coming as a battle report in the next couple of weeks). I also started putting together my own AT terrain. Unlike the Colonel and Tylar I’ve gone for alternative terrain to the plastic Games Workshop stuff so that I’ll have a bit more versatility when it comes to using it for other systems (namely Epic Legions) - expect to see a review of the company on the blog soon. I’ve also been looking backwards AND forwards in a bid to get my hobby year in perspective and ascertain what I want to achieve next year.


This week, Col.Hertford had a quite week of family time. I built two more Vyronii knights, and a Primus Medicae. I also, started on assembly of a termite for my Mechanicum force.



This week Tylar has been putting he finishing touches to the bases for his Titans which he's posted up recently a short tutorial. Check it out if you have the chance.

Progress had to be shut down for 48hrs due to some Bio Weapon level Contagion being released in the Small Legion outpost he calls home. Suffice to say the Apothecary has given him the all clear and his hobby will continue during the holidays!

During a short respite he managed to engage some Tiny Titans and get a small local game of AT which resulted in some epic game moments culminating in a shot from his surviving undamaged Warhound cleanly decapitating his opponents Reaver which had just been stumbled into by Tylars.
The resultant chain reaction of explosions took out the opposing Reaver and a Warhound leaving Tylar with a Win clawed from almost guaranteed defeat.

Next week will see more Titans with paint being applied in earnest. Look out for his next posts



So although it's been a hectic week for us all, we've still managed to squeeze in some hobby too. Please do keep checking back (or better still subscribe) for more great content in the new year - where we'll be covering much more of the range between Unity and Heresy.

And They Shall Know No Fear.
- Tylar, King Fluff and Col. Hertford

Comments