Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Praesagius List (1500pts)

Welcome everyone to another post on the up-coming Adeptus Titanicus game between the blog members.

Tylar here, I'll be covering my chosen Titan Legion the Legio Praesagius or 'True Messengers' list.  We decided on 1500pts, which meant like the others I would need to work out what models I needed to get built and painted to be ready to play.  As an old school AT player from the original game this Titan Legion is a bit of a break from the norm for me.  I have been a staunch Legio Ignatum (Fire Wasps) fan for years and my 28mm Titans have and will be painted in their colours.  So why a change?  Well having listened to Honour the Dead, a great audio drama from Black Library, I really enjoyed the struggle of the Legio during the battles on Calth.  Also I like a challenge now and again and I've never painted a white/blue based army.  As an Imperial Fist player this was an interesting option for me.

Honour the Dead artwork from Black Library.

I'll be leading with two Warlord Titans similar to King Fluff.  Having acquired a Grand Master set at the initial release I had the advantage of owning a significant force before buying additional engines in the form of Reaver and Warhound Titans.  The majority of my Titans for this game are built so I just need to build a second Warlord and I'll be ready to go.  I have one built in skeletal from ready for paint, including two Warhounds and a Reaver .  I'll be taking a new load-out for me from the standard Warlord kit.  Thanks to some great 3D printing by Col. Hertford (Prior to the release of the new kit I must add) I have the ability to deploy both with a Sunfury Plasma Annihilator, a Belicosa Volcano Cannon and the paired Apocalypse Missile Launchers.  These total up to 500 points per engine and hopefully should give me some flexibility.

Secondly, I've added Reaver Titan to my list.  Which, luckily for me, I also own a 28mm version but not as many as King Fluff!!  This will be armed with a Gatling Blaster, Laser Blaster and an Apocalypse Missile Launcher.  Again the is the 'standard' fit for most people when deploying a Reaver so should add to that flexibility I'm looking for.

Preview of my Reaver.  I'll be going through my basing in a future post keep your eyes peeled!

Finally I’m taking a Warhound, armed with a Turbo Laser Destructor and Vulcan Mega Bolter.  This continues the flexibility within my list and whilst the Laser Destructor doesn't have the range of the Plasma Blast gun it still give my lone hunter some bark with it's bite.

Here's a preview of one of my Warhounds I'll be magnetising prior to paint now I'm happy with the base.

I'm sat at 1510 points the same as King Fluff so now its just a point of final build and paint.  I actually struggled to build a list at 1500 points, or close to, that I could really buy into.

This may seem strange to those who have played more AT?  I'd be interested to hear others thoughts on list building for Adeptus Titanicus.

Only In Death Does Duty End

- Tylar

Comments