Horus Heresy - New Dreadnaught Drop Pod: Unboxing

Hi Guys!!!

Wow what a week it's been hobby wise. I'm still personally reeling from the over load of cool stuff from the HH: Weekender 2019. If you haven't seen some of the photos take a look at the UB4H weekly round up from last Sunday. Keep your eyes peeled too as on Sunday I'll be showing off the new AT: Delta tile!  So what do we have for you today?


Death from above......😈

Having recently been fortunate enough to acquire one of the original Dreadnaught drop pods from FW via Heresy Trading I had no idea these were going to be available at the weekender. To be honest as soon as I saw it in the sales cabinet I had to have one.


So following my purchase here for you is a peak at what you get in the box and a rough comparison to the old version.  First up is the obligatory 'Box shot' with initial packaging.





  I was quite impressed with the level of packaging if I'm honest.  Despite the main pod veins being warped, nothing a little hot water won't sort out, they were individually wrapped as you can see above.  Below are shots of the component parts.



For comparison I placed the original one I recently bought next to the current one.


One of the cool things about the new one is that the petals actually sit flush when open.  A much improved design feature along with the fact that it it big enough now to allow for a Leviathan.




So as you can see below the veins are a little out of shape but nothing too far awry that can't be manipulated with either some hot water or a quick blast with a hair dryer.


There you have it folks I hope you like what you've seen.  There will be an additional review of the kit once it's been built with a follow-up of its paint progress and hopefully it's finished glory.  Keep watching those Skies!!!!

Only In Death Does Duty End

- Tylar

Comments

  1. That's really funny, that old pod is my one that I sold recently (to you it seems). Great review as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Thanks again Philip! 😄
      You'll be glad to know it will be used. I'll be stripping it back somewhat though and it'll be repurposed to deliver my Imperial Fist Relic Contemptor. Come back soon as I'll be painting them together 😊👍🏻

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the comparison shots, the new one defiantly changed some of the smaller details, but looks alot easier to cast, which was ultimately why they discontinued it in the first place. I have had enough old school FW to recognized the problem areas, and I'm all for making it easier on us and not spending all day filling in bubbles on metal decking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drip, the new one is a lot better in both design and in it's casting. I think the additional ability of the designers to use CAD now has made the process a lot easier and I would assume the improvements in the moulding and casting processes have also helped.

      Delete

Post a Comment